So much to Learn

Well, its been a few days. Way to busy when the wife works nights. I don't mind it but after putting the 2 girls to bed, its tough. I probably should be playing more than working on the computer. We did walk down to Genuardi's. That was fun with the Double stroller and then running back most of the way because Ashley was starting to cry.

Today was spent fighting with my Work Labtop. I'd like to shoot that thing. Tonight was reading up on setting up a Sharepoint Virtual. I'm not even at the point of Installing Sharepoint. I'm using VMware which is great compared to Virtual PC 2004. I did a Clone(hope that was a Branch) and installed the SMTP and IIS settings. Already have SQL 2005 and VS.net 2005 installed on that PC. Go figure, but MSDN.microsoft.com is down. I can't log in to get Office 2007. Its like Step 3 or 4 in the process. So I just installed the Deamon ISO tool in the VMware. Always can use that for installs.

Nothing else exciting. Just so much to learn, Sharepoint, Continue to get stronger in .net 2.0, Silverlight, etc.. After this virtual is done, I want to setup another with Silverlight. Just keep working so I can finally get some side work. I've always enjoyed coding when the projects are fun.

Did a cool example of using Angel.com and voice with an HTTP Post to get student Balances back. I came up with CampusMessenger, I wrote the Windows Service, Threading, Low balance Process, Emails, custom emails per client. Figured out how to kick off the service nightly at a particular time, when that wasn't enough, I set it up with SMS though ClickaTell. Setup a Demo for the Twitter Direct Messages, AIM on Check balances, Angel.com for voice over the phone. Its using SQL 2005 Data Encryption.

Oh well, getting late. I need to get up early with the kids, lets hope Ashley sleeps though the night again. Oh, remind me to get that church stuff done tomorrow.

Talk to everyone later
Rich

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to MongoDB

Starting our .NET Core WebAPI Journey – Step 2